Friday, February 10, 2012

To play, or not to play?

I find I'm constantly struggling to balance taking care of the kids with taking care of the home. The kids would love 12 hours of non stop attention, yet the Everest of laundry beckons. Bacteria swims freely in the sink overflowing with dishes. But, shamefully, I often prioritize a good looking house over good feeling kids. It's HARD to sit down and play with them! My imagination wears wrinkles, and my silly bone is broken. But, today, I decided to play. (Please don't come by unannounced- if you do, I'm going to make you do my dishes!)

But the results were worth it!

















I'm finding I really like my kids when I take the time to play with them, talk with them, and just BE with them. When I view them as a hindrance to my housework, it makes for a very bad day.

No comments: