Saturday, April 28, 2012

Osmosis

I love how God always provides what we need, and so often, what we think we need. This last week was full of pleas from my eldest. He LOVES science, and he is constantly asking me if we can do experiments. Well, my genius expired after mixing baking soda with vinegar, so I've been fumbling about trying to find other things to do with him. After all, you can only take so much, "I want to see ANOTHER chemical reaction!" before you just give in. 

I was feeling particularly desperate a few days back, when by God's providence, I stumbled upon a gift. It was a gift from my dear, sweet friend Sandy Hardy. Ironically, it's something she sent almost two years ago in a box of blessings, and I'd set it aside for a future date when the kids were old enough. There on my bookshelf was a book of 13 science experiments to do with kids! Elijah was SO excited, especially when I read him the sweet inscription inside. He wanted to Call Sandy immediately. 

It got me thinking- God often provides for our needs, even before we realize it. 2 Peter 1:3 says, "seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence."

He has ALREADY granted to us EVERYTHING we need for life and godliness... through CHRIST. What a gift! He even throws in little things like science experiment books, and friends who think of things you might need before you do!

Here are the boys learning about osmosis....





1 comment:

Angey said...

That is so cool - both the blessing and the experiment! :)